Langley Hospice Residence
(Operated by Fraser Health)
- is a 10-bed home-like environment where individuals receive care from medical staff aimed at relieving symptoms associated with a life-limiting illnesses rather than offering a cure
- offers twenty-four hour compassionate care for the physical, emotional and spiritual well-being of the patient while supporting family members and friends
- is located in “A” wing of the Maple Hill Residential Care Unit located on the Langley Memorial Hospital grounds at 22051 Fraser Hwy.
- is operated by Fraser Health with staff & volunteer support and financial aid from the Langley Hospice Society.Volunteers are present 12 hours a day all year round
- has a per diem for care, set by the provincial government.If this causes a financial difficulty, individuals may request a financial assessment from a palliative social worker
For admission to a hospice residence, patients must
- be on the BC Hospice Palliative Care Program
- have care needs that cannot be supported in community
- have a life expectancy of less than six months
- agree to sign a NO CPR (aka DNR – Do Not Resuscitate)
- agree to hospice philosophy of care which is comfort care, not curative care
- the hospice palliative care services can be accessed by calling the Home Health Service Line at 1.855.412.2121.
- staff is available to take calls seven days a week from 8:30am – 4:30pm.
- anyone can refer on someone’s behalf including the patient/client